Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One word . . .


This is a writing prompt from Diana at First Drafts. I think it started out as a meme. It's a bit trickier than it first appears, especially for those of us who suffer from "too-many-words-itis". The challenge is to use only one word to respond to the question/statement. Give it a try and share it with us.

Here are mine.

· Yourself: thoughtful
· Your partner: kind
· Your hair: silver
· Your Mother: unknown
· Your Father: unfulfilled
· Your Favourite Item: cherished
· Your dream last night: curious
· Your Favourite Drink: wine
· Your Dream Home: cozy
· The Room You Are In: cluttered
· Your fear: uselessness
· Where you Want to be in Ten Years? alive
· Who you hung out with last night: family
· What You're Not: simple
· Your Best Friends: understanding
· One of Your Wish List Items: peace
· Your Gender: resilient
· The Last Thing You Did: write
· What You Are Wearing: comfortable
· Your favourite weather: balmy
· Your Favourite Book?: emotional
· Last thing you ate?: salad
· Your Life: convoluted
· Your mood: hopeful
· The last person you talked to on the phone: annoying
· Who are you thinking about right now?: Jason

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna swipe the 'one word' exercise to my blog, ell. if you don't mind. :) :)

ds

Anonymous said...

I loved this, esp. that "write" was the last thing that you did!

Anonymous said...

ds, "swipe" away! The more the merrier.

Cate, it's always good to see you stop by. :-) I'd love to see your take on 'one word'.

Anonymous said...

ell, On one hand, I am regretting that it has taken me so long to find my way back here. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to all the wonderful writing to catch up on. On both hands, I've missed your writing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Wenda. Every time I read your blog, I feel a bit guilty about my non-production. :(

. . . but I'm working on it.