Sunday, January 08, 2006

Odds 'n ends

Funniest oxymoron I've heard in a while: Microsoft Works

Word of the day:
quotidian - Adjective. Found in the ordinary course of events. Synonyms - everyday, mundane, routine, unremarkable, workaday.



Your IQ Is 140

Your Logical Intelligence is Below Average

Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius

Your Mathematical Intelligence is Genius

Your General Knowledge is Genius

- See, guys? I always told you your mom was a genius!
(Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.)

Song stuck in my head:

Beyond the Sea (I hear Bobby Darin singing)

Somewhere beyond the sea,
Somewhere, waiting for me,
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing;

Somewhere beyond the sea,
She's there watching for me.
If I could fly like birds on high,
Then straight to her arms I'd go sailing.

It's far beyond a star,
It's near beyond the moon,
I know beyond a doubt
My heart will lead me there soon.

We'll meet beyond the shore,
We'll kiss just as before.
Happy we'll be beyond the sea,
And never again I'll go sailing!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FRICKIN GENIUS! ...but irrational. I guess that's normal for a woman though. Just kidding.

I get "Beyond the Sea" stuck in my head sometimes too. I seem to sing most when I get out of the shower. I don't know; go figure.

Quotidian - a word you can use to make you feel better than those around you, and make those around you dislike you.

I love you, Ell. See ya 'round.

Anonymous said...

I am exactly like this (I don't even need to take the test!). No logic whatsoever but smart otherwise. :)

Seeking Clarity

Anonymous said...

normal for women, rk? really. i could describe a few men that way......;-p

Anonymous said...

He would say that wouldn't he? Such a quotidian male reaction. ... ;)